Isla Trench Coat (last copy available in print)
Note: this is the very last copy of the Isla pattern. It is no longer available as a printed pattern.
A classic, lined trench coat with plenty of details. Calf-length and double-breasted style, with a lined cape on the shoulders and a belt on the waist.
Rounded lapels and a collar with a stand and small belt and belt loops. Welt pockets, with the pocket welt folded in the middle into a flap. There's a deep vent at the center back, and sleeve straps with a button fastening.
Select a light coating, e.g. a light wool blend, gabardine or a light cotton twill. The sample is made up in a light wool twill coating. You will need:
- Fabric: 350 – 525 cm / 4 – 5¾ yd
- Lining: 210 – 315 cm / 2¼ – 3½ yd
- Fusible interfacing: approx. 215 cm / 2½ yd
- 12 buttons (diameter approx. 2.5 cm / 1”)
- 4 small buttons (diameter approx. 2 cm / ¾”)
- Light shoulder pads
EUR 32 – 46 (US 0 – 14 / UK 4 – 18)