Elizabeth Gown (last copy available in print)
Note: this is the last copy of the Elizabeth pattern. It is no longer available as a printed pattern.
Maxi-length, lined gown with a deep vent at front, cross back spaghetti shoulder straps and an invisible zipper closure at the back. V-neck at the front with a deep-cut neckline at the back.
Note that the dress has extra length for high heels.
Use well draping, light- to medium-weight fabrics. The sample is made of silk crepe for the bodice and velvet for the skirt and it’s lined with charmeuse lining.
Skill level: Advanced
Materials & Supplies
- Bodice fabric: 60 - 70 cm / ¾ yd
- Skirt fabric: 145 - 300 cm / 1¾ - 3½ yd
- Lining: / 60 - 105 cm / ¾ - 1¼ yd
- Fusible interfacing: 50 cm / ½ yd
- Narrow cord or ribbon for the shoulder straps: approx. 100 - 120 cm / 1 - 1½ yd
- 30 cm / 12” invisible zipper
- Hook and eye